My Growth Through Teaching Practice

 


Time Management and Organizing Activities

To ensure effective time management, I divided the lesson into different sections:

  • Opening (10 minutes): Prayer, greetings, energizer, and attendance.

  • Motivation and Introduction (10 minutes): Storytelling and Q&A on students' experiences with reading time.

  • Lesson Presentation (20 minutes): Explaining analog and digital clocks and how to read time.

  • Practice and Activities (15 minutes): Time-matching games and reading clock exercises.

  • Closing (5 minutes): Lesson review, short evaluation, and assignment distribution.

 

Problem-Solving

During my teaching practice, I encountered several challenges and devised solutions:

  • Students had difficulty distinguishing between the hour and minute hands.
    Solution: I used a toy clock to demonstrate the difference in a hands-on way.

  • Students lost focus during the lesson.
    Solution: I incorporated songs and interactive games to make learning more engaging.

Classroom Management

  • Before starting the lesson, I displayed the classroom rules on the LED TV and asked students to read them aloud together so they understood the expectations.

  • To keep students engaged, I used the call-and-response method, where I asked a question, and students responded together.

  • When students began to lose focus, I implemented a rule: If I said “Attention!”, students clapped twice and tapped their desks twice before refocusing on me.

  • I provided positive reinforcement through praise and points for active participation and correct answers.

This teaching experience was a valuable opportunity for me as a student in the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education. It helped me grow both personally and professionally, preparing me to be a better educator. Additionally, I learned how to adapt to different learning environments and understand the learning styles of students in the Philippines. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

My Teaching Approach in the SEA Teacher Program

Future-Ready Learning

Bringing Lessons to Life